ECATS International Association
ECATS International Association started in 2005 as a Network of Excellence on Aviation and Environment of more than 100 researchers within the European Framework Research Programme. After 5 years of joint research and exploring closer collaboration, this ECATS Network of Excellence was transformed into ECATS International Association, officially registered per 2 November 2010 by [Royal Decree] of Belgium. This website reflects this change from a network into an Associationâ€™s homepage.
The objective of ECATS â€“ as laid down in its [Statutes] â€“ is to promote and support its Membersâ€™ joint activities and interests in the field of aviation & environmental impact. Its higher-level aim is to help making aviation sustainable, by:-
- Building up, maintaining and extending scientific expertise;
- Further linking and integrating expertise in relevant thematic areas and to exploit the multi-disciplinary platform available in ECATS;
- Organising exchange of information in particular about experience and development of related research; e.g., on basis of workshops, reports and publications, education and training, and web-based information;
- Providing liaison between customers and experts to provide integrated and professional support;
- Fostering the technical, strategic and political debate, for instance to initiate research work where identified to be crucial.
More information is available on additional pages as part of this website.
For further information or expression of interest, please contact the President of the ECATS International Association, Dr. Simon Christie:
- Phone: +44 161 247 1592;
- E-mail: email@example.com.