Objectives of ECATS International Association
For the current ECATS International Association, the specific objectives are to promote and support its Membersâ€™ joint activities and interests in the field of aviationÂ and environmental impact (see also [Vision] and [Business] of ECATS International Association). Its higher-level aim is to help making aviation sustainable by:-
- Building up, maintaining and extending scientific expertise
- Further linking and integrating expertise in relevant thematic areas and to exploit the multi-disciplinary platform available in ECATS
- Organising exchange of information in particular about experience and development of related research, e.g., on basis of workshops, reports and publications, education and training, and web-based information
- Providing liaison between customers and experts to provide integrated and professional support
- Fostering the technical, strategic and political debate, for instance to initiate research work where identified to be crucial.